Thursday, January 26, 2012

blog 8


Tomlinson summary: In Tomlinson’s article Turning, tying, training texts, she talks about the eight different types of metaphors that people use when they write papers and also when they revise them.

1.     I think that Tomlinson says this because she believes that metaphors can not always be trusted in all situations.
2.     If you just focus on the metaphor, it will prevent you from being creative or making your writing stand out.
3.     I always use the sculpting metaphor in my writing. I feel like when I write I just have to write the whole thing before I go back and make corrections or look at my mistakes.
4.     I think that she did maybe go a little to far because no matter what you do you can always go back and change what you have written.
5.     I think that I do use some of these techniques to revise my papers, but usually I am not really think of the process that I do it in.

Reflection: I think that this was a very interesting article to read because of all the different metaphors that she used to show us how people write. 

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with your answer to number 4. I think at a certain point in time, after you have revised and edited so much, there is only so much left that you can do to improve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your answer to number 4, cause i think that if someone else is reading your paper they are coming from somewhere else and there is always room to revise more

    ReplyDelete