Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog 9


Harris summary: The main point that Harris was trying to make, is that multiple drafts can really help you to have better success at a paper. Harris thinks that the more you revise a paper the better it will become in the end.

Harris Response: I think that I am a one draft writer because when I write, I will always write the whole paper through then go back and make small minor changes. Harris says this could be bad because if you only write one draft, you may not get all the research that you need for the final product to be great.

Harris Reflection: Overall I think that this was a good article for us to read, and it really made me think about how writing more than one draft could be very beneficial to my writing.


Ransom Summary: Ransom started off by saying that to become a good writer takes practice that it just doesn’t come naturally. She talked about the study that Berkenkotter conducted on skilled and unskilled writers. She concluded that she was best at writing under a time constraint.

Some other questions to consider:
1.The thing that most interested me in this chapter was the study of your own writing habits and how you write. I think that researcher still have not learned that there is more than one correct way to write, which I think we will show in this next paper because all of our writing styles are different.
2. Yes I do find that when I write ideas down they come to me easier and then will flow better in my paper. I don’t think that I have ever tried writing for exploration to come up with new ideas.

Ransom Reflection: I think that this was a good article to read since we will be writing a paper like this one this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with you on number one. There is no one correct way to write. And I also thought that the Ransom paper was helpful because of the paper we will be writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with what you had to say about how the study of your own writing habits was interesting. I feel the same way with my writing habits, and I find them to be very interesting. I find my self to be a multi-draft writer, but after reading Harris' article, it was interesting to see that there isn't any right or wrong way to go about it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete