Lamott Summary: In Lamott’s article Shitty First Drafts, she explains that everyone should write three different drafts to their papers. The first which is just like a bad draft that no one else has to see or read. The second being one is slightly better that you fix up. And the final draft is were you check everything out and make sure its perfect.
King Summary: In Kings article What Writing Is, King mainly talks about how we can us telepathy in our writing.
Goodman Summary: In Goodman’s article Calming The Inner Critic And Getting To Work, she talks about how to become a confident writer. She says that doing this will make your writing good. She also talks about blocking out bad ideas when writing.
Haruf Summary: In Haruf’s article To See Your Story More Clearly, Start by Pulling the Wool Over Your Own Eyes, He talks about what different things writes do when they write and how they are strange but they help the writers.
Sontag Summary: In Sontag’s article Directions: Write, Read, Rewrite. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as Needed, she talks about how every time you rewrite a paper it can always get better no matter how good you think it is the first time.
Diaz Summary: In Becoming A Writer, Diaz talks about he took an entire decade to write one piece. And also talks to us about the stuggles through it.
Using These Essays: Throughout all of these writers I do not see many similarities. I don’t see any common metaphors, they all have there own ways of explaining things. I do think that they are grappling with rules because they know that it is alright to do so.
MM:
1. First it makes me think more about my own writing and how I can make it better. Second I like what King said about placing your mind somewhere else. Last, I found that what Haruf said about always putting meaning into your writing.
2. I don’t think that much has changed yet about my writing after reading this, but I think that it will over time.
Reflection: I think that these were all very interesting articles to read because it gave me a new view writing and news ways to go about writing a paper and thinking about it.
I agree with that how you say in your reflection on how you said that it gave you a new view on writing after reading all these articles because I felt the same way.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with your reflection because it helped me see a new view on writing after reading.
ReplyDelete