Malcom X summary: Malcom X describes about how he learned to read. He tells us that he learned to read in prison.
Questions:
1. I think he is talking to people that can not read because I feel like it was an encouraging article.
2. He defines literacy as understanding what is spoken and what you are reading. It compares because it has to do with reading and understanding what you read .
3. Library, school, books, and prison. I think the library was most influential because Malcom X learned a lot there.
4. I think this was the case when he was studying books and struggling with the vocabulary.
6. I never really liked reading and don’t think I ever will, so I think that say he read more than most college students was probably correct.
AEI: I think that technology is something new that people have to become literate at every day because new technology is coming out all the time.
Reflection: I really enjoyed reading this article because it was very interesting to read about this part in Malcom X’s life.
Alexie summary: He explains in this article about the first time that he learned to read and write and how he understood it.
QD1: I think that when you do good in say school you feel good but when you do bad it makes you hate school.
AEI1: I do believe that all people would have a chance to over come poverty and succeed. But I think that it would be very difficult.
Alexie response: I really liked this article because it gave me more knowledge about how people learn to read and write.
Well done on your reading, I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. I thought the Malcom X was very interesting too. Good job!
ReplyDelete